Monster Cookies are a fun, no bake and easy to assemble Halloween treat your kids will love. With just a few store-bought ingredients and a great imagination, you can create a spooky masterpiece in minutes. This cookie is completely customizable. You can mix and match cookie and frosting flavors and use any combination you like best. I chose chocolate chip cookies and chocolate frosting because they taste great together. I also think the chocolate chips could serve as ugly Monster warts and bumps. Follow the easy step by step photos to help you in your assembly process or use your imagination and creativity to come up with a one of a kind creepy Monster. This personalized Halloween treat is a great classroom project for school or a sweet activity to do at home with your kiddos. The possibilities are endless and the fun and time spent together is priceless. We would love to see what you come up with! Please send us a photo of your best creation and you we will featured in next weeks roundup of Halloween Treats.
These are so easy to assemble it’s SCARY! Feel free to be creative and use an assortment of candy to decorate them.
EYEBALLS: If you can’t find the mega buttons and edible ink marker you can order them online (links below) or go to your nearest craft store in the cake decorating section for the edible eyes. These are usually easily found especially this time of year. I have also found edible eyeballs at Walmart, Target and Wegmans in the baking aisle.
Materials and ingredients to make Monster Cookies
Chips Ahoy chocolate chip cookies
Mega Buttons (for eyes)
- 1 Can Betty Crocker Chocolate Frosting (or any brand)
- 1 package Chips Ahoy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 bag nestle white chocolate chips
- 1 bag large marshmallows
- 1 sheet mega buttons (or edible eyes)
- 1 edible black marker
- Place 1-2 tablespoons of frosting on half of one cookie. Sandwich second cookie on top carefully and press gently so the cookies stick together.
- Add 2-3 white chocolate chips flat side up underneath top cookie making sure to stick firmly to icing.
- Cut marshmallow in half. With icing, glue the edible eyeball to the marshmallow or take a mega button and with your edible marker, place a dot or line in the middle and stick to marshmallow.
- Put a tiny bit of icing on bottom of cut marshmallow (to act as glue) and press gently on the cookie to stick.
- this is not a portable treat but would be a great activity to make with kids either in school or at home.