Baby it’s cold outside and what better way to enjoy the frosty temperatures than to indulge in a peppermint ice cream cake made with EDY’S ice cream. This simple recipe is made with red velvet and vanilla boxed cake mixes (huge time saver) and is prepared ahead of time. This makes it a great go-to recipe during the busy holiday season. I used EDY’S limited edition PEPPERMINT WONDERLAND ice cream not only for the festive flavor but because EDY’S is unparalleled creaminess and smooth, soft texture makes it my number one pick. If you a new a making ice cream cakes, don’t fret one bit, it’s as easy as it looks. Simply bake cakes and cool, sandwich the layers together with softened ice cream, refreeze and top with cool whip and toppings of your choice before serving. It’s that easy and it’s SUPER delicious! Not to mention it’s not so bad on the eyes either. Almost too pretty to eat. If you are a peppermint and chocolate lover, this peppermint ice cream cake will change your life. Okay, maybe I’m being a tad melodramatic. It won’t change your life, but it will make it a whole lot better.
The pretty packaging isn’t the only thing eye catching about this limited edition flavor. Check out the specks of peppermint sprinkled in creamy peppermint ice cream. A smooth and indulgent frozen treat, a peppermint lovers paradise.
Smooth, creamy and delicious EDY’S® PEPPERMINT WONDERLAND ice cream makes any dessert extra special.Be sure to check out more delicious recipes on the Flavorful Moments Pinterest board. I’d love to hear about how you feed your family during the busy holiday season.
I used boxed cake for a time saving convenience but you can use any red velvet and vanilla cake recipe you like best.
Layer upon layer of goodness. Red velvet, vanilla, peppermint ice cream and toppings exploding with flavor.
Peppermint Ice Cream Cake
- 1 box red velvet cake mix
- 1 box vanilla cake mix
- 1 container EDY’S® PEPPERMINT WONDERLAND ice cream
- 1 container cool whip
- chocolate syrup
- peppermint kisses
- Preheat oven and bake cakes according to package directions in prepared 8 inch round baking pans. While cakes are baking, remove ice cream from freezer and place in refrigerator to soften. Do not leave ice cream to thaw for more than an hour. Cool cakes completely on wire rack.
- On a cake dish or platter stack layers of cake with about two cups of softened ice cream between each layer. Spread evenly with cake spatula. Wrap with plastic wrap and freeze entire cake overnight.
- Before serving, frost your cake with cool whip and add toppings. Serve immediately.
- Frost ice cream cake with your favorite canned frosting instead of the cool whip.
- Try topping with peppermint candy, sprinkles or any candy you prefer.