If you love the smell of freshly baked bread baking in your oven, then this recipe is one to try. It’s by far the best beer bread recipe I have ever made and it’s easy to make. With a few simple ingredients, you can whip up this tasty yeast loaf in minutes. It only takes one bowl, a little mixing by hand (we’re talking seconds here) and pouring the batter into a greased loaf pan. That’s right, no electric mixer, no rising, no kneading. You get to enjoy a yeasty bread baked from scratch without all the fuss. This time saving beer bread get’s it volume from the carbonation and yeast already in the beer. The type of beer you use will alter the taste of the bread so if you want a stronger tasting bread, choose a stout or your favorite kind of brew. Although I didn’t have any on hand, this bread tastes amazing cubed and dipped in Italian Dipping Herbs. The kind used at fancy Italian restaurants. You can also enhance the flavor of your bread by mixing cheddar cheese, fresh herbs or minced garlic right in the batter. Top it with melted butter and bake to a golden brown and you have yourself a freshly baked loaf of yeast bread made with little effort and is big on taste. Go ahead and bake yourself a loaf today and see for yourself why it’s the BEST BEER BREAD EVER!
Use a serrated knife to slice your bread thick to enjoy the softness and volume in each bite.
Look at that golden buttery top. The butter adds depth of flavor this beer bread can’t be without. Be sure to use salted butter for extra rich buttery flavor.
Enjoy your beer bread my friends!
Best Beer Bread
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 12 ounces bottle of beer
- 1/2 stick butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Butter a 9x3x5 inch loaf pan and set aside. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, and beer and mix until combined. The mixture should be thick. Pour into the loaf pan and top with melted butter.
- Place a cookie sheet under the loaf pan on the bottom rack. The melted butter may spill over.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean and is firm to the touch. Cool slightly and serve warm or room temperature.
- Add cheddar cheese, fresh herbs or minced garlic to bread according to desired taste.