This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
Chocolate covered raisins are one of my favorites. I love to incorporate this dynamic duo in my fudge recipe I make for the Holidays. This Fruit and Nut fudge is an exceptionally pleasing experience both in preparation and consumption. It’s so easy to make, you’ll be done in 10 minutes flat! Then the fudge will need to be chilled before slicing for about an hour or so. I like to make it in the morning before work and by the time the day is winding down, it’s ready to slice. I used NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels, chopped walnuts and raisins. The creaminess comes from using NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk. The decadent chocolate flavor is enhanced with the pleasing nutty walnut crunch and sweet, chewy raisins that makes each bite extra special and delicious. It’s tradition for me to prepare fudge around the Holidays because I like to add little squares of heaven to cookie baskets that I give to friends and neighbors. What I love about making fudge is the simplicity and versatility of it. You can use a variety of chocolate and fillings to suit your taste buds making this to die for treat a personalized and tasty gift for someone special. For a beautiful presentation, be sure to line your baking dish with foil and wait until your fudge if fully chilled before cutting with a sharp knife. Simply lift the fudge out of the dish by grabbing the ends of the foil and lay on a flat countertop before cutting. This will ensure a “clean” slice every time. #Feast4All #CollectiveBias
The baking aisle will hold Nestle ingredients as well as the baking centers displayed around the Holidays in the center aisles. NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk and NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels can be find at either location.
I always find my baking ingredients at . Not only is Walmart competitively priced, I know the shelves will always be stocked with a variety of inventory ensuring I’ll find what I need when I need it. Convenience is key especially for a busy Holiday baking schedule like mine.
Sinking your teeth into smooth, rich fudge is pure bliss! Using Nestle semi sweet morsels have been around for 75 years. It brings convenience and versatility to all of your baking needs and always a trusted brand in both flavor and quality you can count on for delicious treats.
Contrasting crunch of the walnuts and sweet, plump raisins make it decadent and sinful. Make a double batch if you are serious about your fudge. I don’t know if you will be able to part ways with these huge squares of heaven for gifting. It’s not easy!
Fruit and Nut Fudge
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/3 cup (5 fl.-oz. can) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 3 cups NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 2 cups raisins
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- For thick slices, line 8-inch-square baking pan with foil. For thinner slices line a 13 x9 inch glass casserole dish. Spray foil with butter baking spray.
- Combine sugar, evaporated milk, butter and salt in medium, heavy-duty saucepan. Bring to a rolling boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in marshmallows, semi sweet chocolate morsels, raisins, walnuts and vanilla extract. Stir vigorously for 1 minute until marshmallows are fully melted. Pour into prepared baking pan; cool for 5 minutes. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours (depending on thickness) or until firm. Remove by lifting foil and slicing fudge on a flat countertop.