This apple pie bundt cake is one of the simplest recipes I have ever made. It’s a one bowl, mix it up kind of batter that requires no beating or creaming of butter and sugar. In fact, this recipe doesn’t call for any butter at all or a special method in mixing. Gasp! Don’t worry…it turns out moist and delicious thanks to vegetable oil and a whole can of Apple Pie Filling. I love that this tasty cake is a simple process of mixing dry ingredients then adding wet ingredients and mixing until completely combined. Voila! As easy as pie…and tastes like it too. Really and truly it tastes like Apple Pie with lots of Cinnamon, Nutmeg and Allspice. What could be better (or easier)? You can finish the bundt cake with a dusting of powdered sugar or La Lechera (caramel to the rest of the world) spiced with cinnamon and Rum Extract. Either topping you choose or leaving it plain will taste fabulous. I enjoyed a slice with a cup of tea and loved biting into the chunks of apples from the filling added to the batter. Heavenly. Amazing and simple. This one is a keeper.
This Caramel Rum topping is made with Nestle’s La Lechera Caramel. With the addition of Rum extract and cinnamon, this topping is rich and spicy and reminds me of the Holidays. I could eat it right out of the bowl. YUM!
Look at the chunks of Apple Pie Filling you will get in each bite. Use the good kind for best results. I used Lucky Leaf and it my apple pie bundt cake was amazing.
Apple Pie Bundt Cake
- 2 Tablespoons sugar (for pan prep)
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon (for pan prep)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ½teaspoon salt
- 2 ½teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs, beaten
- ⅓ cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon Orange Extract (or emulsion)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 21-ounce can LUCKY LEAF® Premium Apple Pie Filling
- La Lechera Caramel (1 can)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons Rum Extract
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan or bundt cake pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together 2 Tablespoons sugar and cinnamon, and sprinkle bottom and sides of pan.
- Combine the flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg and 2 cups sugar in a large bowl. Stir in the oil, eggs, orange juice, orange extract and vanilla; mix well. Add LUCKY LEAF Premium Apple Pie Filling and stir. Pour batter evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake uncovered for 1 hour. Let cool for 30 minutes.
- Invert onto serving plate and cool. Add Caramel Topping once cooled.
- Empty contents of one can of La Lechera into a glass measuring bowl. Add 1 Teaspoon cinnamon and 2 Teaspoons Rum Extract. Mix well. Microwave on high about 15 seconds. Stir and repeat at 5 second intervals until desired consistency. Topping will be thick but pourable onto bundt cake. Be careful not to burn while heating.
- you may omit caramel topping and dust with powdered sugar instead.