White Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies are my daughter’s absolute favorite. Since she doesn’t like raisins, we leave them out and add in white chocolate M&Ms when we can find them. Otherwise, plain white chocolate chips work just fine. White Chocolate compliments the Oats and gives it a sweet crunch that adds extra flavor and richness. Not that this cookie needs any help in that arena. This recipe is a soft and chewy cookie packed with spice and everything nice. With lots of brown sugar, vanilla and butter, richness is definitely present. The aroma and spicy bite of the ground clover and cinnamon make it feel like a cookie recipe fit for a Holiday. I foresee adding green and red M&Ms and baking these little gems to add to my Christmas cookie list.
White Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies are part of our ”Afterschool Cookie Jar“ series. Have you been following our posts in this series? If so, what do you think of the cookie recipes we have shared so far? You can leave a comment below this post in our new commentluv feature. If you are a blogger, this enables you to link back to your own site when commenting allowing our readers to check out your corner of the blogosphere.
Don’t forget that you are now able to PIN straight from the photo’s on each blog post. Just hover your mouse over the top right corner of any photo and PIN away. This is a great feature to help you keep track of your favorite Buttercream Bakehouse recipes on your own Pinterest board.
Look at this beautiful cookie display. Just as sweet tasting as they look. Remember, If you can’t f ind white chocolate chip M&Ms use white chocolate chips
These little babies are waiting to fill the bellies of hungry kids afterschool today.
soft and chewy.
I use a large cookie scoop to make these Oatmeal cookies HUGE. There is just no better way to enjoy them.
White Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 2.5 cups all purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups rolled Oats
- 1 bag White Chocolate M&Ms or
- 1 bag White Chocolate Chips such as Hershey's.
- In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high spped for 30 seconds. Add brown sugar, granuluated sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon and cloves. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl. Beat in eggs and vanilla until combined. Beat flour little by little to avoid the huge splash factor that will occur if adding it all at once. Stir in oats and M&Ms.
- Preheat oven to 350 and line cookie sheets with parchment paper. Using a large cookie scoop, place dough 2 inches apart. For large cookies, I only baked three on a pan at a time.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until lightly golden. Let rest on pan for at least five minutes before placing on a cookie rack to cool completely. Store in a sealed container for up to two weeks.
- Optional; Add 1 cup of raisins in place of M&Ms