Today was the first day of school for my kids and as soon as I dropped them off I came home to bake them an extra special batch of yummy S’mores Cookies. This is a recipe that I am including in my new series “Afterschool Cookie Jar”. You might already be following this new series and have tried the two previous kid friendly cookie recipes found HERE and HERE. Altogether I will be sharing 6 recipes for you to bake for your little ones while they are at school learning, having fun and working hard. To learn why I love to bake for my kids while they are at school, click HERE.
Now to the good stuff! S’mores cookies have all the yummy qualities of the classic campfire snack. The oven roasts the marshmallows and melts the chocolate just like a real S’mores. Wouldn’t it be great to bake these and bring them to your next campfire and actually sandwich a real campfire roasted marshmallow between two soft and chewy S’mores cookies? I bet it would be fantastic but for now we’ll stick to the cookies and milk method for our afterschool snacking. If you bake a batch, let me know how they turned out and don’t forget to share the love and tell all your Mommy friends about our series “Afterschool Cookie Jar”. You can find the recipe collection page under by hovering over the “recipe” page link in header.
Note: We have two new features to share with you. We now offer easy Pinning to your Pinterest board. Just hover over the right top corner of each picture and Pin away! Also, we have a new comment feature. If you are a blogger, you will love this. You can add a link back to your blog if you comment. More traffic coming your way so comment to your hearts desire.
The Marshmallow is ooey and gooey and the chocolate is melty. That’s kid lingo for YUMMY!
After you scoop the dough onto a prepared cookie sheet, take extra chocolate chips and marshmallows and stick them on the sides and top of the cookie dough. Then break a few tiny pieces of graham cracker and shove them straight into the dough all over for an extra “WOW” factor.
I have some left….I’m digging in. Later peeps!
- 1 stick butter softened
- 1/2C plus brown sugar
- 1/2C plus granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp Tahitian vanilla (or pure vanilla extract)
- 1C cake flour
- 3/4C bread flour
- 1/2 tsp plus 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1C semi sweet chocolate chips (plus a few extra)
- 1 sheet graham cracker
- 1C mini marshmallows (plus a few extra)
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, cream butter and sugar. Mix in egg and vanilla, followed by both flours, baking soda, and baking powder. Mix until combined. Stir in chocolate kisses, mini marshmallows. Transfer dough to a large bowl, cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Using a large cookie scoop, place cookie dough on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper place balls of dough 2" apart. Add broken up pieces (about 3) of graham crackers to the top and sides of dough.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until edges are lightly golden. Cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes prior to carefully transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Store cookies in an airtight container.