Have you ever made chocolate chip cookies that didn’t turn out the way you had hoped? Maybe they were too dry and cakey or flat as a pancake. Or, maybe they tasted too much like baking soda or were burning at the bottoms and uncooked in the middle. It is really annoying to waste your time and your ingredients trying to bake the perfect chocolate chip cookies only for them to be ruined. I have been on a mission for quite some time to find the best recipe to avoid these problems and produce a tasty, not too sweet, evenly baked, attractive, chewy chocolate chip cookie. My mission included testing dozens of recipes, tweaking them, omitting ingredients and adding new ones. Slaving away in the hot kitchen with flour on my forehead as I wiped off sweat. Psst! I cracked the code. The cookie code. The chocolate chip cookie code owned by bakery’s around the world. The world secret code of cookies…the secret list of ingredients that makes them perfect. The best,perfectly baked cookies you will ever make at home. This is good. Really good. Ahem! It’s not all that serious but in my world I cracked the cookie code. I finally produced a cookie worthy of selling,eating, gifting and applauding and one that is perfectly baked, round and chewy with just the right amount of chocolate chips and looks pretty to boot.
Bet you will never guess what the secret ingredients are to make these beauties.
It’s in there. It’s really in there. You are about to discover what makes these cookies so special.
Look up close. So sweet and comforting and begging for its long lost companion…Mr. Milk.
The perfect marriage. So glad they found each other.
If you bake cookies that turn out flat and tasteless then you are in for a real treat with this recipe.
Chewy, gooey goodness.
No other recipe stacks up to these. Secret ingredients are in the recipe below. Try it and tell me what you think.
Perfect chocolate chip cookies
- 2 cups bread flour (secret ingredient)
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour (secret ingredient)
- 1 1/2 tsps baking powder
- 1 1/4 tsps baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsps salt
- 2 1/2 sticks (1 1/4 cups) unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Sift flours, baking soda, baking powder and salt into a bowl and set aside.
- Using a mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream butter and sugars approx 5 mins until light
- Add eggs while mixing well between each addition.
- Stir in the vanilla.
- Reduce speed to low, add dry ingredients and mix 5-10 secs – should be combined.
- Stir in semi sweet chocolate chips
- Press plastic wrap against dough and refrigerate for 24 to 36 hours.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a nonstick baking mat. Set aside.
- Using a small or medium cookie scoop, scoop up ball of dough and place onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake one cookie sheet at a time on the middle rack.
- Bake for 10 minutes or just until they start to turn golden brown
- Let cool on cookie sheet for five minutes then transfer cookies to a wire cookie rack to cool completely.
- Store cookies in tightly sealed container.